Senior FBCG consultant Stephanie Brun de Pontet was a recent podcast guest on Business Confidential Now with host Hanna Hasl-Kelchner.
The show explored how a family business can grow and prosper and successfully transfer from one generation to the next while at the same time avoiding blow-ups and other situations that make for really awkward family get togethers.
Interview highlights include:
- The most common first generation family business challenges.
- Which should come first, business or family?
- Why it’s important to manage a family member’s sense of entitlement.
- Distinguishing the rights and duties of family business owners who don’t work in the business from those that do.
- Why pay objectivity is more important than pay parity among family working in the family business.
- The quintessential family business succession challenge.
- Why next generation leaders must be empowered to adjust leadership styles.